Our mission is to revolutionize the way sports use and license their media content. Founded in 2021, ScorePlay is the first all-in-one media hub designed by sports professionals for sports professionals. We've co-constructed an AI-driven software that helps sports organizations manage, distribute, and monetize their photos and videos on a single platform, enabling their visual storytelling and expanding their online reach and brand. The AI tags content automatically using facial and text recognition, which automates both classification and distribution.
Over 100 organizations from around the world, including the Swiss Football League, Volleyball World (FIVB & CVC Partnership), West Ham & Wolves (Premier League), Major League Pickleball, AS Monaco (Ligue 1), Real Sociedad (La Liga), 1. FC Köln (Bundesliga), Orlando City SC (MLS), Ironman (Triathlon), The Amundi Championship (Golf), Freeride World Tour (Ski freestyle), Stade Rochelais (Top14), Stade Français (Top14), and Vitality (Esports) use ScorePlay daily to manage and distribute their content.
ScorePlay is currently recruiting for a Backend Engineer to help create the media hub of tomorrow for the sports ecosystem. Our goal is to train you on our product so you can gradually take on more responsibility for our backend architecture. You will be part of a team of 8 highly skilled engineers and product managers from around the world. You will work closely with the product manager, CTO, and lead front-end developer to execute and plan our tech roadmap.
Our primary languages are Golang for our backend, React for the web app, React Native for the mobile app and Python for our AI models. We use AWS to host our servers and for cloud computing, PostgreSQL and ElasticSearch for our databases.
- Develop and maintain our backend for maximum resilience, scalability, robustness, and security
- Build new applications and services to support our backend architecture and internal tooling to help us move faster with confidence and quality
- Play an active role in the architecture at ScorePlay to better support our growing client base
- Help us build a product strategy that will allow us to scale
- Work hand in hand with our Product manager to build and maintain high-level tech and product documentation
- Help scale our backend code base while maintaining our strong engineering culture
- Share your knowledge and learnings through internal and external talks and participate in the development of open-source tools
- You have strong experience as a software engineer and have had exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications.
- You have strong knowledge and experience in Golang. Python and React are a strong plus.
- You have a problem-solving approach and are solution-oriented.
- You have a strong interest in sports and the future of sports media consumption.
- You follow best practices regarding code quality, testing, and code reviews.
- You are a curious and open-minded engineer eager to learn.
- You have good communication skills and are comfortable working in a team.
- You enjoy the start-up mindset and the fast-paced environment that goes with it.
- You are fluent in English.
- Accountability - We challenge each other and, in the end, come out better. Feedback from both sides is key to our success. We're young - we all have to learn at some point.
- Innovation - Sometimes we make mistakes, but that's normal, and we always learn from them.
- Transparency - We believe in honesty. It helps us be better and make the right decisions.
- Factuality - Numbers have gotten us to where we are today. We trust data, but we're also not afraid to question it if something isn't working out.
- Willingness to Learn - Admitting you don't know something is highly valued for us. You don't need to know everything, but you do need to be able to say when you need a hand.